Signal Desktop Flatpak for aarch64/arm64
Signal has added "stories". I will not put effort into maintaining a program for centralized social media. I no longer have a Signal account because of this and would like to transfer maintainership of this to someone else. You just need a web server and git host with CI/CD.
Flatpak Repo signed by gitlab-runner@leb gpg key, FBEF43DC8C6BE9A7
To install system wide:
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists signal-arm https://elagost.com/flatpak/signal.flatpakrepo
sudo flatpak install signal-arm org.signal.Signal
To install for your user:
flatpak remote-add --user --if-not-exists signal-arm https://elagost.com/flatpak/signal.flatpakrepo
flatpak install --user signal-arm org.signal.Signal
You'll need Flathub repo for the runtimes.
Tips & Tricks (click to expand)
- Signal will be blurry on phosh (pinephone, Librem 5) becacuse of X11. To fix, run with wayland using these arguments: --use-gl=egl --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland. Signal must be opened at least once in X11/Xwayland first (just by clicking the launcher) first.
- To add the above to the launcher shortcut: copy /var/lib/flatpak/app/org.signal.Signal/current/active/files/share/applications/org.signal.Signal.desktop to ~/.local/share/applications/ and change the Exec line to this: Exec=flatpak run org.signal.Signal --use-gl=egl --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland
- Use the View menu item to zoom out a few times. It makes Signal much less cramped.
- Ctrl+Shift+c will close the current conversation and reduce idle CPU usage significantly.
- Notification sounds and mic/camera usage can be enabled in settings.
Contact me (bug reports etc)
Other repos on this server:
Testing repo: created automatically by builds.sr.ht. It will break and is mostly just for me. Upon successful testing it is promoted to the main repo.
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists signal-ci https://elagost.com/flatpak/repo_signal_ci.flatpakrepo
My build of axolotl:
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists axolotl https://elagost.com/flatpak/repo_axolotl.flatpakrepo && sudo flatpak install axolotl org.nanuc.Axolotl
My dice program:
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists dice https://elagost.com/flatpak/repo_dice.flatpakrepo && sudo flatpak install dice com.elagost.Dice
Maintained by Adam Thiede. Hosted at OpenBSD Amsterdam. This costs money to host; if you would like to contribute money, donate to OpenBSD, FSF, or postmarketOS.